Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Things to Ponder

-Linus(Ben):Because he's the only one that'll have me.
-Ilana: I'll have you.
Lost is one of my favorite shows and if you don't know this season is the last season where you find out all the answers. Well Locke (not really the real Locke) is the bad guy and Linus is saying that he's the only one who will take him. Linus killed Jacob, the good guy, because he was angry and that was Ilana's father like figure. So she's angry with Linus and wants him dead. So after Linus tells her that the bad guy is the only person who will have him, she says the most profound thing I've heard in a long time, "I'll have you."

I found such a statement to strike my very core. Isn't this what we do on a daily basis. We do things that go against God and think that no one will take us in or have us, not even God. So we turn away which means we end up turning to the one, Satan, who does want to truly help us or have us. We turn to his ways, sins, and turn away from God. Yet even though we've done the worst thing possible, God will still have us, just as Ilana would still have Linus. How profound! This is how God truly is with each one of us. He'll have us no matter what and He'll take us in, we just have to turn to Him and let Him.

Another scene from another show, but I saw it on Lost was from Little House on the Prairie.
-Mr. Ingalls: It's the way you live this live, each day one at a time. Now you it you spend your whole life worrying about something that's gonna happen. Before you know your life's over and you spent an awful lot of just worrying.
What truth is in this statement. I found this to be very important in my life. I can't spend my time worrying about the different things in my life and what might happen and might not. I can't spend my time worrying that my husband might die before he gets saved or what if he never gets saved, the same with my daughter. I can't spend my life worrying about such things because then I will miss all the times with my family and sharing God in any way possible. So I must learn to trust God with my husband and daughter and trust that they will find Jesus along the way. Which I'm sure is a lesson for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment