Thursday, October 16, 2014

FROZEN Party!

Now is the time for my FROZEN post about the party! I loved planning and doing this party, so I wanted to share it with others for ideas.

My 2 older girls' birthdays are a little bit less than a month a part, so I have one party for them. I knew I wanted to do a FROZEN party, so as I started thinking on what I wanted to do... I thought watching the movie outside would be awesome!! I began the fun and started searching on what I wanted to get for the party. I will tell you what I did and try to provide a link for all of it. :) I hope you like my ideas and I can help you with your party planning.

First I needed to plan on what I was going to use for the movie. Now first I'll say that the pictures show the big screen, surround system, and a very nice projector for the movie. I didn't plan on having all that, but my step-dad stepped up the game for his granddaughters and borrowed all this stuff to make the movie amazing.

I bought this projector, Cheap projector, and it worked really well. It would definitely need to be dark to see it well, but the projector worked well enough for what I wanted. It wasn't excellent, but that's what I paid for; I wasn't planning on spending a crazy amount on a projector. I did actually set up the projector and played the movie and my kids would have been perfectly find with that. I used a white shower liner as the screen. I found a little speaker system to try and hook into it, so if you wanted to use this for a party, I would add louder speakers to it.

I wanted to have popcorn, but with an old style popping machine. I believe those are like $100 at Big Lots, but I borrowed mine from someone else. Honestly we didn't eat a lot of popcorn because my husband got pizza, so that would work as well.




For directions I used white Christmas lights. I put some in the trees at the playground, because I knew kids would most likely get up and play. We also had some snowflake lights, so I used those as well.




I went onto Amazon and got a clear snowflake tablecloth to put over a blue one. I bought FROZEN balloons on Amazon, so go and check out the different ones. You can also get balloons at Party City as well as the FROZEN scene to put on the wall.

Now onto the cake! My mom and I decided to make their cake this year because I saw a post on pinterest of a cake that I wanted. I decided that I would tackle this cake!
First with the flavor of the cake. We did chocolate and strawberry cakes. Now with the chocolate... it didn't turn out as well, so you'll have to search out your own recipe for it or use box cake. I found this recipe for the strawberry cake. This cake was amazing and we had no problems making it! I definitely recommend it.



For the icing and fondant recipe, we used this site, which we loved both of the recipes. For the Buttercream recipe, I ended up putting in a whole stick of crisco and it still tasted great, but I wonder if it caused it to be a little more yellow. I'll have to test that in the future. For the fondant recipe, I recommend that you add your gel for the color right after you melt the marshmallows, its much easier! Now fondant is hard work, so be prepared for some pain as you work it in.


I bought the rock candy off Amazon, but I did see some at Party City. For the white trees I got sugar cones and painted melted white chocolate on them. By the way, Delicious! We just used those white chocolate candies on the cake making aisle at Walmart. For the sprinkles, you'll have to check out different stores for what you want. I visited AC Moore, Walmart, and Hobby Lobby. You can get those ball candies at Walmart on the cake making aisle.

I used this winter cake kit, that I got at Walmart in the clearance aisle for $8. Maybe you could find it again. That link shows it at Target. If you go to Walmart to the cake making aisle, you can find other tips for icing. I used metal ones, which are supposed to do better. I'm sure you can find fondant snowflake pushers on Amazon or other stores, like AC Moore. I got the stairs off of Amazon. I bought the figure set on the Disney Store, it goes in and our of stock, but you can find a figure set at other stores or online.


As for food, my husband got pizza, but we also had snacks, such as stuff to 'Do You Want to Build a Snowman?"

As for the punch we used this punch recipe.

The party looked like this:
As for the invitations , click on that site and I downloaded them by using photobucket. I didn't have a program to edit the pictures, so I opened them in paint and edited them that way.
I think that's all we did and if you have any questions, feel free and ask! I hope you enjoy and get great ideas! Definitely go to pinterest and type in FROZEN to get more ideas!


THANKS!

My Girls absolutely loved the party, so I'm glad I did it! Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment